Pilates is one of the best exercise options for pregnancy. Strengthen, stretch and stabilise your body.
Whether you are preparing for pregnancy, or part way through the pregnancy itself, our Studio Pilates classes can be customised to meet your needs.
Our pre-natal programs are low-impact, which means that you can practise through all stages of your pregnancy. Studio Pilates is perfect for pregnant women because of the way it strengthens, stretches and stabilises the body. We have had the pleasure of working with hundreds of pregnant mothers, and are like a proud Aunty of many studio ‘babes’ over the years.
Benefits of our Prenatal Studio Pilates program:
- Strengthening your deep muscles. Often the focus of our Pilates programs, having a strong core is even more important than normal when you are carrying the weight of a baby.
- Having a strong centre, hip mobility and a mobile spine can help relieve back pain and joint ache brought on by pregnancy.
- It strengthens your pelvic floor, which is so important for preparing your body for birth and for recovering afterwards.
- Your body will move in all directions and orientations in our Studio Pilates classes; this is a great circulation booster which will benefit you and your baby.
- We focus on good breathing patterns, and breathing is an essential part of labour.
- Great preparation for after the birth. Building strong arms, legs and core will prevent you from getting injured when you’re carrying your baby around all day.
PRENATAL Pilates in Camberwell
The changes happening to your body during your pregnancy mean that any exercise you undertake needs to be safe and appropriate for your stage of pregnancy. For this reason, all of our Pilates instructors are qualified to teach pre-natal and post-natal Pilates.
Set your goals and allow us to support you on your journey towards outstanding physical health & wellbeing.